Sunday, April 27, 2008

Funny and yet not, all at the same time

Alan was partially lying down and Skye was there and so he asked him to massage his back. Skye went over to Alan and proceeded to touch and say, "Needle, needle, poke, poke!" We said, "oh, that's not a massage..poor daddy.." (teasing him) and Skye says, "Can't you take a joke, daddy?" It was cute.

Today I gave into anger and selfishness. I was actually throwing things out of the kids room and yelling at the same time at Alan. Skye fell today too. He fell off a dresser (cuz he was climbing) and fell onto the back of a drawer. I don't know how to type more, as it was really traumatizing. We were just glad that he didn't get paralyzed. After it happened, he couldn't sit up and look up at me. After talking with the doc and doing some ice/heat things and stretches, we all decided not to take him to the ER. So, anyways, after a very trying day and my husband being completely dissatisfied with my housekeeping performance etc.., we walked thru some level of repentance and forgiveness, but afterwards I was asking Skye for forgiveness for being angry and disrespecting daddy and he said, "Momma, when you do that, you're doing it to my best buddy. That makes me sad." That pretty much summed it up for me and gave me GREAT motivation to be at least civil to Alan, even when I'm fuming on the inside.

So, we are sinners and live in a very tempting world. At least, I feel tempted a lot. What happened to self control? I don't know..

Have a better day than we had. I pray today is better (this has taken me 2 days to get this post out as I've been trying not to blog and do the computer until every last speck of stuff is done in here so it doesn't get out of control like this weekend).

No comments: