I'm pretty moved by what God is doing in my/our life in terms of the media lately. I've been really moved by my sensitive son's attitudes and reactions to media and specifically video games. I'm almost the same way. That's why we as a family have decided to not watch t.v. We are slowly too, coming to not even watch/play games on the computer. We don't want the media telling us what we should and shouldn't think is cool, believe, want, wish for, etc.. We feel like it's really from Satan. That sounds harsh, but after pondering over and over the precious gospel and the struggles I already have working out my faith with Jesus/the holy spirit/God, we just feel like we really don't need any more challenge to believe the right thing. Plus, I just can't seem to get on top of my schedule, chores and free time activities and I just don't know how to rightly give media, it's rightful place, when I'd rather be doing other things and teaching my children a different way of life...a little bird trail, but sort of along the lines of the whole getting presents thing at Christmas..how can I say that Christ is the most exciting gift, if I'm pushing the XBox as the most exciting..just not sure how to put that all together..
I feel a bit judgmental at times and proud..like when I say, "oh, we don't know that, we don't watch t.v.". I really don't mean it to be that way, but then I think about the guts or faith for what I believe in. I believe in the bible and those exciting stories and want to be like these men and women of faith and sit in the precious presence of God, but it seems like most of the media does not want any part of this. Just brings in an ungodly sense of rest..no rest at all. Somehow, I feel, the media distorts and puts a really "grow up" spin on everything but yet, in the end, I feel like I'm not understanding or getting something..like I'm stupid, or fat, or not funny enough, or not smart enough, or rich enough, or stylish enough, or don't have the cool words...and the list goes on, about how I feel when I'm done watching/playing. ..so here are some words I was talking to God about and moved about (words that another put on their blog for their easter comment)..not sure how these words, so true, compare and mix with "MEDIA". I don't want to be "un-sensitive".. Just wrestling...
"Alas and did my Savior bleed
And did my Sovereign dieWould He devote that sacred head for such a worm as I?
Was it for sins that I had done He groaned upon that tree?Amazing pity, grace unknown, and love beyond degree.
My God, why would You shed your blood, so pure and undefiled
To make a sinful one like me, Your chosen precious child?Well might the sun in darkness hide and shut His glories in,
When Christ, the mighty Maker died for man the creature's sin;
Thus might I hide my blushing face while His dear cross appears,Dissolve my heart in thankfulness and melt my eyes to tears.
My God why would you shed Your blood, so pure and undefiled,
No comments:
Post a Comment