

For those who are family and for those who want to know details that only a momma really LOVES, here's what poor Chase Ray (poor because he had to get shots today) came in at:
32 inches long (80%)
23 pounds (35%)
Head 80%, don't remember the number in inches, but this explains why I have to buy size 2T hats!
Said he was very busy for his age and doing lots of motor skills very well. When I asked about him not walking yet, he looked at me like I was weird. He also told me to never punish him, but just offer safe choices and redirect. Hmmm, wonder what kind of drug my Piercy would have been on had we "not" punished him!! I listened with a more humbled ear, as the verse about persuading those who don't know with kindness, echoed in my ear. He was a very nice old man and his scale and little measuring table was more than 50 years old..little drawers...all antique...stuff like that makes me smile. I love old and useful. Sometimes (this is a very big tangent) old is appealing to me. Like how persistent and wonderful that you've been a kid's doc for 35+ years..day in and day out..that really made me smile too. My gyno was an old guy and I just liked his perspective on stuff.
On a little side note, I was very pleased with Piercy's behaviour and was sooo grateful for good teaching, mentoring and people who pray for me. I can see growth and maturity at times like today when he chose good, and I'm just plain grateful. thanks God that although we had to wait 40 minutes in a teeny room with no toys, except momma, that Skye did so well and that when the doc came in he sat quietly and obeyed!
No comments:
Post a Comment