Friday, August 15, 2008

Mr. Plumber and Olympics

Skye has officially finished his first olympics! Here's the order of events. I'll try and download some video, just have been having trouble downloading recently.
Skye did some growing over this past season of track and field. Mostly in sportsmanship..putting others before himself..however you want to word it. He hasn't really ever had any competition, but we met some boys that gave him a run for his money,literally.
He received first place for hurdles and relay, fastest.

No olympic games are complete without a grocery store cake!
...or a big jug o' water...
...don't forget the baby wipes...
Here he is with his buddy Eric, on their first relay...
Handing off the baton...
You can do it!!!
Sorry this is out of order..don't have time to change it..my disposal and dishwasher were not working and so finally, after a few days of eating off paper plates and dealing with the stench, Alan had a chance to get dirty. (I love the no shirt and apron..boys are silly, aren't they?) He finally found the problem---a nickel....so, all sorts of puns come to mind! I'm just really glad that he found the problem, put the whole kitchen back together and that I have a working dishwasher and disposal..thank you Mr. Plumber....nice muscles!
He liked this part, throwing the ball...

Thanks God for all the muscles and lessons learned. I actually have video of Skye cheering others to the finish. This is just testament of God's grace and favor..thank you Lord for whatever you did to bring the concept of 'others first' to Skye's heart. May these lessons and learning "stick". Thank you God too for the monies and daddy's willingness to support us in our YMCA adventures!

No comments: