Sunday, November 4, 2007

Shh. Halloween Candy

O.k. so the secret is out that I enjoy a big bag of candy. Sure, not good for me, sure, no self control and sure, major sugar rush and ick glick in my throat. But, not necessary to focus on those things when I can receive all the greatness that chocolate has to offer.
Now, I don't want you to give me that discount candy..like the little pieces of "bubble blow" that really doesn't chew well and then sort of dissolves into chunky, oily, islands in your mouth. And don't give me pretzel packets-WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? One year when we lived in Charlotte, NC, I made up all these little health packets for the kids. They sort of scornfully looked at me as I handed them out. The next year, I didn't get any "trickORtreat-ers". So, problem, solved. Oh--and especially no candy like peanut butter toffee chewy treats. They're not EVEN TREATS..unless of course, you have dentures, no money and can't get to the store to buy the good stuff..I mean, who eats those candies? Even those milk dud things aren't my favorite..who names their candy "dud"? WHO? Anytime that I've ever tried to come up with a great idea, I don't name it "lame" or something..I would name it "the greatest candy on earth" or at least start off with that name.
So here's the game that I'D LIKE TO PLAY: Name your favorite candies. Since this is a private blog, there is NO SHAME in saying your favorite kinds..even if it is those "no name" brand peanut butter (sort-of) chews.
Here are my top:
1. dark Lindt chocolate (60% cacoa or higher) HEY--dontchu be judging me--I'm high fashion, high taste kinda lady and I'm stickin with my favorites. You can create your own blog, late on a Sunday night when YOU should be sleeping and then list YOUR favorites there, but you're reading mine now.
2. Slow poke suckers..oh baby..that's the best..and with a big glass of ice cold water.
3. Snickers with almonds...need I say anymore?
4. jelly bellys..but not that nasty "popcorn" flavor.
5. Peanut Butter m/m's.
6. If you're gonna offer me pretzels, offer me those chocolate covered pretzels.
7. Lindt White Coconut chocolate bar

There are scholarships available, listed under "halloween benevolence" , as I know these treats aren't usually offered in those smashed 5 lb. Costco bags of candy.

Is it o.k. to only like the candy part of trick or treating? Would it be appropriate to not say "trick or treat" AT ALL and just hold open your bag, like my son did at his dad's work parade?

O.k. for real, we don't celebrate Halloween. We celebrate Fall, as it's my FAVORITE season. Sweatshirts and me get along very well. Not so much with me and the patch leaf sweaters...but yes, the big gray, a bit torn, sweatshirt is fun for fall days.
Cheers.

3 comments:

JJandFive said...

ok, i'll do it... that is, of course, if you've tagged me. Did you? ; )

JJandFive said...

Milk Duds... that is so funny. I like them, although I'm always nervous they are going to pull a crown out of my mouth... but anyway. You are right, Dud is a Lame Name.

JJandFive said...

Oh, and one more thing. BIG sigh of relief about the NOT celebrating Halloween thing. I was beginning to think you've lived in California too long. HA!