Funny that I use the letters "BB" to mean Bible and to mean "Barbe" as in bbque. Anyways, had a great bbstudy this morning. I love the ladies in my study. We're doing the book, Intimate Issues. ONe of the rules is that you can't discuss anything that would allow the other person to imagine things and that it must be about your journey with God in this issue etc., etc..we're following the rules so well, I'm so glad.
Have to tell a funny poo story. This morning as we were all leaving (our hostess Briget had to leave early for one of the kid's doc appts and so another one of our friends was taking her youngest to the inlaws house) we had a bit of a disaster. So, we are all trying to get out of Briget's house, the bbsitters are leaving, the kids are finishing up lunch and Briget's youngest starts crying. We had let the kids in the backyard for just a few moments while we were wrapping it up.So, we call for the kids to come in and I go to get her. My nose told me what was going on before I actually saw with my eyes. When I did look at Soshi, she is covered in chunky dog poo. COVERED...DID I SAY COVERED?? Chunks of it in her toes, nose, fingers, nails and to top it all off, she had a dirty diaper too! The poo queen for the moment. So, there are 4 moms left, 5 kids and a dog. One mommy was cleaning up the floor where the poo had fallen and gotten smudged, one mommy was running the tubbie and trying to get all the poo off the crying/screaming kid, one mommy was holding the other mommy's little baby who was crying and another mommy is pregnant and trying not to vomit everywhere from the smell all the while, trying to clean up lunch. Then, after one mommy is done doing one thing, she is upstairs trying to find clothes for the little one that is naked and still crying, while the other mommy is .....and it goes on and on!
So my statement is this: no wonder we feel so darn stressed at times. If that had happened to the acutal mommy that was trying to get out the door to the doc appointment, SHE WOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT. It took 4 mommies!! And it was still a bit chaotic!
Be encouraged..sometimes it's o.k. to not have it all together. God Bless You Mommies Today. May your day not include a dog and poo.
1 comment:
Ugh. That makes me nauseous.
So, which mommy were you?
Post a Comment