Thursday, November 8, 2007

Haaaaayuh

O.k. I need to be honest and say that I can hardly type. I want to post a normal day in the life of me. For those who look at me as a celebrity, you will read this now and know that I am also a normal mom.

2:00am feed Chase
6:00am feed Chase; put him back down, but just by the way I layed him in the bassinnette (how do you spell this word anyways..I wouldn't have to spell it if I had him in a crib by now..don't even get me started on my attachment issues) I could tell he wasn't going to go back to sleep..tried on and off as I lay there..
6:30 feel Skye crawl into bed and say "momma, will you help me with the cartoons?" In my sleepy state, I sort of tell him something like, "please go play in your room" and "it's the top button". He gently says to me again..'momma, can I watch cartoons'. Well, those of you who make their children stay in the room until 7 or something..not sure how to accomplish this. Because he sleeps about 11 hours at night, when he does wake up, I don't feel good about telling him to go back in there..especially seeing that I rolled into bed last night at about 12ish (which is a whole-nuther self-control story if you wanna hear it). So, back to the story. So, all of those thoughts are running through my head..I haven't had any devotions and I decide to get up.
7:00 put on PraiseBaby for the kids and put Chase in a floor swing; he doesn't want to be there, as he likes to be held first thing in the morning. Finally decide that I'm just going to sit with both kids and watch PraiseBaby (interesting factoid: I've owned PraiseBaby for 4 1/2 years now..so probably not my most favorite show to watch) I listen to the music and the words and really try and focus on the cross and people's needs who I can pray for and not myself..doesn't work so swell, but o.k..
I then start doing some small things..fortunately, by God's grace..really..I have cleaned and scrubbed last night for like 3 hours straight, which in my house, if the floors aren't too bad, I can get a lot accomplished
Feed Skye breakfast (he's consumed about 3 pumpkin bread loafs by himself this week) and decide I need to sit and eat with him instead of starting my day..so I sit and he begins to talk so much that I don't even know if he ate anything. Then he states, "I'm ready for my snack momma..I'm REEEEEALLY hungry". We had gone to Costco yesterday and bought some dark chocolate covered pretzels and he's a pretzel fanatic..he's not much into sweets, so it's interesting that he is AS consumed with eating these pretzels as I am with eating the chocolate chip cookie dough in my fridge.....ie. when is it TECHNICALLY snack time, so I can eat a spoonful?
Well, before I go on and on (which I've already done) we managed to make some banana bread together, go to the zoo and then play horsey (in which I assume the four legged position on the floor and he sits on top of my back and I try to wing him off as I go about the living room, making noises that resemble a horse, all the while not trying to drool and spit on the carpet..yes, that is the game with the simple name, "horsey"!)
I had dinner ready (which doesn't always happen on time) and I get a call from the husbandino saying he won't be home until very late. Ahhhh---the breakdown starts. The fussy time for Chase is dinner time. So, I try and hold Chase, eat and convince Skye that there aren't many onions in the roast. "no babe, that is a potato", "o.k. Skye, what did momma say? Are you obeying by talking and not eating?" to the point where he is in tears because he thinks he isn't going to get to eat his squash (one of his favorite things in the whole world).
After several stories and then the discussion about what story I read and why I didn't read from the OTHER bible and so on...I just decided that at 7 on the dot, it was time for bed..TIRED OR NOT.
So, before we repeat my bad attitude and the frustration tonight, I better get ready for bed, read my bible and best be on the mend.
We've been talking about peace in Frippleville (family worship at our church) and so I've had to consciously pray out loud.."Lord.....etc.." I can say I've felt a difference, but sometimes I think God's telling me... "just go to bed early!!" duh!

No comments: