Monday, May 19, 2008

So I'm reading..get ready

for conviction!!
I started "Shopping For Time" and I just love it. This book is so encouraging. What I need is a good kick sometimes and some gentle nudging. One of the things I tried implementing today was the get up early and prepare for my household. It was very overwhelming to think about, as I still have a little one who wakes in the night sometimes. Well, Alan and I enjoyed last night's quiet a bit too long and went to bed at 11. I then set the alarm for 6 and woke up when it went off. The tricky part was that the baby (who is cutting teeth and they look terribly painful) was up at 12, 1, 2:21 and then just before 6. At the 12, Alan took him and then I did the others and I did let him cry a bit at the 6, just so I could get up. By 4pm this afternoon I hit a wall..I just don't know how to do a day without rest. I don't get much done if I don't stay up late, but I need to find a balance. But what I was going to say was that I got up and came out here to the couch and started to pray for people. It wasn't long before I was woken up by Skye at 6:40..so I'm not sure how long my prayer time lasted. But the rest of the morning went so well. The boys even played together in their room for 40 minutes..DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I CAN GET DONE IN 40 MINUTES? So, I did get the bathroom partially cleaned and 2 loads of laundry done. I just felt so blessed by God that I just tried, even tho I was really wasted.
Another thing I read, besides my book, was Psalm 25 and I thought it was so worth typing (actually the 20's are so good, but this one spoke to me):

"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul
in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame
nor let my enemies triumph over me
No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse

Show me your ways O Lord
teach me your paths
guide me in your truth and teach me
for you are my God, my Saviour
and my hope is in you all day long

Remember O Lord, your great mercy and love
for they are from of old
Remember not the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways
according to your love, remember me
for you are good....O Lord~!"


What I love about the first part is that it says that He will not let those who hate us triumph over us and that we WILL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME if our hope is in Him. For us in the spiritual battle and physical at times..in our complex and ministering to those around us..that's real encouragement.

And then the last part about showing me His ways..I love that cuz it's so like me to try and find the way on my own.

We're off to San Francisco in the morning and we'll be back late Saturday night. I'll take a million pictures I'm sure.

No comments: