
There's the Valentine!
And the mini Valentine



And here's me and my medium Valentine
So much is always floating around in my head.
Alan and I haven't been doing well lately. I'm not sure if it's because of his mom's death, or just that we haven't had a chance to really date each other. I've not acted like a loving wife, gotten really bitter about some stuff and really have held this "poor me" attitude for so long. We put on our boxing gloves the other night and had it out. I'm just a lot of person to deal with and he's just exhausted so often, that often it's not a good fit. He's passive, I'm aggressive. He's not dramatic, I am. He's very slow to the draw, I'm quick. I have lists and get things done. He ponders things, doesn't make lists, forgets what he's suppose to do. I know what I'm suppose to do, and don't do it sometimes, for selfish reasons. We are about as opposite as they come. And yet, he is very willing to make the marriage work, but often times doesn't listen to my quiet cries for help. I don't have much quiet in me and really need a person to work things through with and often feel like (especially when I'm hormonal) like I'm the only one with my struggle, that my struggle is HUGE, AND THAT REALLY NO ONE MUST CARE. We have different parenting philosophies. We have different eating habits, sleeping habits and general chore habits. I'm over critical, he's under critical.
So, all that to say that it takes a lot for our marriage to work. One thing I'm grateful for is that he really loves me. No matter what. He is in this for the long haul. I'm still often frustrated, but I am assured that he loves Jesus with all of His heart and wants me and Him to follow that. He also loves me passionately. Why? After all that I told you, and after I calm down from our fights, I wonder why.
So, after I spoke my heart and mind to my best friend, I realized that after a very hard few months, it was absolutely necessary to CHOOSE love this Valentines Day. While I was planning this get a way, we were in the middle of this fight. I'm not the hero, really, I'm not. I am just sharing that it was good for me to have to choose love and to care for him, when I really just wanted to go away and get into a ball!
Here are some pictures of what ended up being a really fun weekend. I do have the best husband for me, even if he's the opposite of me!
Gifts that were bestowed on me:
Aveda cloth bag
Aveda foot lotion
Aveda body lotion
Aveda shampoo (he noticed I was out, and bought me a new bottle!! That's love baby!)
A pink sport watch
A very wonderful card (something about burnin love)
Something else, but I already forgot
And he had a bag of gifts for the boys, all wrapped up beautifully
2 comments:
I'm with you. Jeremy and I are total opposites and it is often very frustrating. I go through many of the same thoughts you listed. But in the end, He still loves me so much and is the perfect mate for me.
Good for you planning a fun Valentine's Day for him and the boys.
Can't wait to hear more about the boutique idea too:)
great pictures!
Post a Comment