Monday, November 17, 2008

17 months and 5 1/2



Well, two milestones at the same time. Skye first turned five and a half and Chase Ray turned 17 months!! Phew.

Here are five things about Skye:
1. He is always cheerful in the mornings when he wakes up, stating, "good morning momma, how are you? " or "how was your day?" things like that. There isn't anything better in the world to me than having my kid wake up and be so excited to see me.
2. He is always giving me hugs, little love punches, kisses and the like. I can say to him before he goes into class or an activity without me, "o.k. babe, do great! kisses?" and he will run into my arms or give me a big hug.
3. He is so passionate. We are still asking God to help us mold this for HIS glory, but I know someday that he will be preachin it.
4. He wants to try new things. This is an easy bonus. Except for food, he really loves challenges, which makes mothering him (especially with my tendencies to be spontaneous) in that regard fun and easy.
5. He is really working on heart issues and is super sensitive to the Lord. He memorizes scripture well and will repeat it back to me, even in the midst of tears and rebellion. It stirs me up inside.

so, for my littlelist one, here are 17 things I like....just kidding...here's five too: (just to keep things fair!)
1. He is cautious and keeps an eye out for where momma is.
2. He studies things, such as wheels turning on his little cars, me stirring drinks, noises, little pieces of things...he really takes an interest in slow process.
3. He has started to notice what we do with Skye and often will try and imitate. Such as the other day when he heard Skye coughing and I was reacting (as Skye was half choking) and then he started doing it and now does it for attention. Which really isn't like him too much, as he keeps to himself mostly and doesn't really require tons of extra reassurance.
4. His skin, his hair, his eyes and his smile...I love orange (as most of you know) and he is the most peachish orange-ish kid I've ever met. His skin in peach, his hair is orange, his eyes are piercingly blue and his smile is huge.
5. I didn't think I could have two kids that I understand so well. People used to sort of make "fun" of me for how I talked to Skye when he was just one. They would ask me if he really understood me. I knew he did and I loved our deep connection of communication. Well, it's a gift I've been given again..not a gift that I possess perhaps, but a gift that God has given our relationship...a gift of communication and process without much language. Plus, he really digs me and I never thought I could have THIS many people digging me all at once. phew.

So, thank you Lord for two boys that think I'm the sun moon and stars. Thank you for this brief moment in history where I can smile and be exhausted and just marinate in your goodness, pure goodness, towards me.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So sweet Lisa!

Thank you so much for praying for Jeremy's eyes. You are a dear. THey are doing pretty well. He just went for a check up last week. He wears a hard contact in his left eye (transplant one) and they fitted him for a soft contact in his right eye. He can see 20/25 now. Amazing! God has been kind. They also are going to get him some glasses cause the hard contact is really uncomfortable and he would like to be able to take it out some, especially in the evenings.