for the instant grat on encouragement. You guys are great. I decided that today was going to be a simple day. I tried to wake up before everyone else (kids) but I turned off my alarm as I was so exhausted from tears for fears last night. At 6am Skye came in all excited to start our day. "Hi momma! How are you? You're my best mom." So, I responded with, "buddy, you know momma needs to ask you to forgive me for bein harsh with ya yesterday and today we're going to just relax." He says, " I totally forgive you mom."
We played tick/tack/toe (w?) with our sounds and that's all the school we did (we skipped our classes). We took baths, cleaned up his room (which he hates the process but loves it being clean) we listened to books on tape, we made cowboy cookies together, did chaulk outside and other cardboard , ate each meal sitting down talking and I even opened a new movie of Caillou and let them watch most of it. We really needed a day like that. I think 7 1/2 weeks straight of school with no break days, for a kindergardener and a new teaching momma was too much.
Well, that's all she wrote as Skye is doing buddy time with BigAl and I only had 5 minutes to post a thank you.
3 comments:
I'm so grateful you are encouraged!
: )
Thanks. I am so needing some good family time. Cancelled all things for this weekend, which means sort of a busy day for me, as I have to get some things done today that I wouldn't actually have to do until sat night or sund, but if we don't stop, we're gonna crash. something was going on EVERY night of this week and then Alan had that crazy week last week...oh my.
Glad you got recharged! I need to have more days like this with my girls.
Post a Comment