Sunday, October 26, 2008

In prayer

I'm deeply moved by this whole political campaign. I don't have time to go into it, but I feel like the lines been drawn and because this is my blog and I hope I won't steer people away from the gospel I'm opposed to Obama. My three basic reasons are 1. The whole taxes discussion 2. The whole mortgage discussion (you know how If eel about integrity) and 3. The whole abortion thing

Secondly, I need you to pray for 3 very specific things today, all of which my heart is breaking for (to the point I have labored breathing): 1. Sister Noel is homeless, husbandless and has kids who she isn't accounting for. 2. My other sister Lori has been given some very difficult situations and actions and she needs prayer for grace, specifically in dealing with her 3 children under 3..that right there is just hard and her hubby's job is up in the air, beyond other things. 3. My friend Jen is also husbandless (not due to her own desires) has 3 kids under 3 and has a very temporary, dangerous living situation.

I need God to do a miracle. I know you can pray and so I want you to.
Other things that I'm praying for today as I cannot carry all of them:

1. Our work situation
2. Our condo ...some unsafe things are always going on, but are surfacing...pray for repentance, changed hearts and that I will not complain but rather serve these people.
3. My parents..they have 2 kids that are struggling right now and that makes me sad for them
4. Our economy
5. Me and Alan's alone time and his work schedule
6. Me missing my friends and that time together AND my camera has gone missing...
7. My oldest child's behaviour...really going through it right with him and what does honor and obedience and kindnesss and responsibility look like
8. My weight...I will be adding in my exercise as I think school is finally settled down..
9. My church and some people there..our relationships with the families we know that we will keep serving and loving and growing.
10. My missionary friends who need more support and prayer.
11. How to spend Thanksgiving.

O.k much love and thanks for reading the hard stuff with me.

1 comment:

JJandFive said...

Thank you for the prayer list. So good, Lisa. Thank you for sharing from your heart. I love that about you!