Sunday, June 29, 2008

Examining and Hurt

Hi. I've been examining the way I deal with people lately. I've really been hurt lately by certain "friendships" and mostly things I thought would go away in high school. I've also noticed that when I talk to Alan sometimes, it's in a very "motherly" tone.

So, here's my thought..I want to be a better friend..not just so that I can "clear" my head of my pain, but also so I can really be a better friend. I feel like some of the disappointment lately could have been avoided had I not gossiped or not talked so much etc..

I want some input. I know it's gonna be painful, but I want to know how i can change. I feel like I'm not real or something..or annoying..anyways, I think overall I'm a super selfish person.

Give me one idea. Don't sugar coat it. I want to change..I don't want to have this happen when I'm 80. I won't hate you. I promise!

1 comment:

JJandFive said...

Lisa, you are a great friend! I mean that with all my heart! Friendships like yours are few and far between. I think most people live in their own worlds and don't want to put a lot into their friendships. Perhaps they just want to watch tv (or read a book, like me). I haven't pursued my friendships lately, because my time is more limited than ever...
You and I have a good foundation. Both of us were in totally different seasons of life when we began our friendship, and we've sowed to it through the years. But I always tell people, if it wasn't for you and your gifting in caring for me, keeping up with me, blessing me... I know our friendship wouldn't be what it is today... one of the dearest relationships I've had in my life.
I really don't think the problem is YOU. I'm not trying to sugarcoat. I think you know I'd be honest with you if I thought you were the issue.
But don't forget God is in this trial... I know in the past you recognized seasons in which your relationships were lacking but you received so much from the LORD! I am confident you look back on that time (I think primarily in TX) and can testify of God's goodness even though it was sooo hard. KWIM?
p.s. I think you also feel a lack in your relationships because you are so extraverted (where as I don't mind a lull in in-depth relationships when those times come since I am naturally introverted). God made you that way for a purpose. Trust that He's got you where you are at for your good and His glory. And, BTW, I KNOW He's using you for His glory even if you can't feel it.
Gotta go.
Love you!