With the emotion of being me, and the ups and downs and the thoughts I give (too much actually) to everything, I'm back at it again, with a different outlook.
We've all been very sick over here..perhaps to slow me down and force me into just hanging out and not having time to rant on my blog. I'm not a very content person at times and realize this when I read my old blogs. I get tired of everything and then I read it and weep and realize I need a Saviour.
We had a glorious Christmas. My husband outdid himself again. My dear friend sent the most admirable and thoughtful gift, it might as well had been a million bucks. My mother sent me dishes (what girl doesn't want brown and teal dishes?) My sister who just had a baby sent me a gift too! It really was a humbling Christmas. For all my ranting about how much I was dreading opening the Target unthoughtful gifts, my husband really thought about it. So, I owe whomever reads these things, an apology..a big one. We also spent some time reading the story of Christmas and all cried (well, me and Alan). It was really powerful to us..what Christ did for us.
The glorious thing about this Christmas was that I really enjoyed being healthy...until I got sick half way through Christmas day and all the next and into the next night. I had to call Alan home from work to come and take care of me and the boys. Haven't done that in months and months.
We went to my aunts (after opening our own gifts) and she and my cousin had spent hours decorating, cooking and making treats for us. Then they lavished us with like 3 gifts each..my cousin Krissy hand knit beanie hats (matching, of course) for the boys. I was blown out of the water!!
I look at my family and I really am glad to not be pregnant and to be on the mend. Did I say that I'm glad to not be pregnant and on the mend? Oh yah, I did...
No comments:
Post a Comment