Monday, October 29, 2007

Beautiful Scents

Recently I was combing my young friend Alyssa's hair and I told her, "your hair is gorgeous and you're so beautiful". Then I said, "but I want you to know that you must keep obeying God and your parents so that you can become even more beautiful on the inside and out". I read that verse in Proverbs the other day about becoming more beautiful as we obey His commands. I want to be more beautiful, but often need to be reminded that all that plucking (eyebrows, lip, chin, etc.) is necessary and worthwhile.
I recently viewed a video promoting The Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney. He had the scent and look of Christ. I wanted to look at him and hear him talk, more and more. If you have seen him, which some of you have..he's not a super attractive person, in most people's standards. But I'm captivated by him because of who he is captivated by.
Recently in MomSpace (my women's meeting on some Fridays) we peeled an orange (as a spiritual exercise) and gave reflections on it. One thing that Kara said was that after you peel an orange, the scent of it is on you for days. That's like Christ..when we're with Him and people who love Him, His scent stays on us and people know. That's what I want.

No comments: