Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hi. Welcome back.





Where have you been?
Haa. I've been totally distracted with life. Seems I cut out movies and now I have even less time. What? I'm confused.
Well, as usual there is too much to talk about, but because this is my blog, I'm going to talk about the things that I want to. Unfortunately I'm in a hard spot and struggling right now. Seems I just can't keep things together. What really bothers me is the house and I feel like I'm totally worried about it and I never can finish one thing and so I feel I'm going round and round and my kids are suffering. Hmm. Not sure how to make this better as I know I'm often running about like a chicken with my head cut off.
Another area of distraction and serious frustration is my devotional life. I crave time with God and feel like since we began the crib/bed transition, my time with God is hit or miss as my youngest is up in the night each time he is stirred. He doesn't want to stay in his bed. Most of the time, I'm not hearing him, but when I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, he's been playing for a while. We have alarms on all the windows and doors, so if he were to open them, I would hear him. It's just that I finally end up awake on and off, then I can't get up with my alarm, which is set for before 6. then I end up putting in a movie for him and I try and catch a few more winks before my oldest wakes up at about 7ish. I'm just in a bad cycle, eh?!! If you have suggestions, you can send them, I won't be offended.
So, you can see that because of my lack of meeting with God, my heart is just not right. I didn't even take communion this morning. I feel like I cannot get a breath and with Alan's continued work schedule, I'm just spent. So, I desperately need that time with God, otherwise I physically feel like I can't hold it together.
Something that has given me pure joy is to start my own photography business. I'm just doing it slowly and not advertising, as I want it to stay enjoyable and yet be able to buy a nice lens as I could never ask my husband to buy a $1,000 and up, camera for me. So, I'm slowly working on my website (had to learn a bit of techi language as I've never done that before and Alan wasn't in the position to help me this time and wanted me to design and do it). I'm looking, studying and was going to enroll again this semester, but felt like homeschooling and meal planning were needing my attention and so I put schooling on hold. www.lisamillerphoto.com and I'd love suggestions or comments.
Another big thing on my heart is the Philippines, a place where I spent 6 + years of my middle school/high school life. So much has been damaged over there due to flooding. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do.
Well, I'm getting excited reading Noel Piper's traditions book and am trying to spend some time thinking and pondering what I think is good for our family, before the holidays get here. I'm also pondering the whole gift thing...bothers me to buy a bunch of gifts, but I LOVE doing that...but I know it doesn't really please the Lord, especially if I other debt and things. What do you do?
O.k. I'll post a couple pics. Thanks for your friendship.

2 comments:

JJandFive said...

So I'm reading Noel's book on Faithful Women. Do you have it?

Madeira girl said...

Hey Lisa! I just checked here for the first time in ages. Love the pictures from the summer time. I totally relate with you on the QT front and on time issues. I am right there! Let's pray for each other! Have a great Christmas girl!!